Foreign nationals who are entering India are needed to possess a valid Passport with a Valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission abroad.
Citizens on certain countries can apply for Indian E-Visa Online for travelling to India. Countries are listed below
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cameron Union Republic
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d'lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Niger Republic
- Niue Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Korea
- Republic of Macedonia
- Saint Christopher and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Island
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City-Holy See
- Zambia and Zimbabwe
Purpose: Recreation, sight seeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
Passport Validity: Should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. There should be Tat least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer in the Passport.
Return Ticket: Should have return ticket or onward journey ticket
Money: Should have sufficient money to spend during his / her stay in India.
E-Visa is not available to Diplomatic / Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
How to Apply for E-Visa to travel to India?
- Visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/Registration and fill the E-Visa Application (e-Visa has 3 sub-categories like e-Tourist visa, e-Business Visa and e-Medical visa) and click on Continue, You need to Upload Passport Page with Photo and details and Passport Size Photo while applying for E-Visa.
- Pay Visa Processing Fee Using Debit / Credit Card
- Receive e-Visa Online - e-Visa Will be sent to your E-Mail
- Print e-Visa and carry at the time of travel
For e-Tourist Visa
Scanned Copy of the passport showing the Photograph and Details (Format: PDF, Size: Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 300 KB)
For e-Medical Visa
- Scanned Copy of the passport showing the Photograph and Details
- Copy of Letter from the Hospital concerned in India on its letterhead
For e-Business Visa
- Scanned Bio Page of the passport showing the Photograph and Details
- Copy of Business Card
Digital Passport Size Photo (Format: JPEG, Size: Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 1 MB)
- Height and Width of the Photo must be equal.
- Photo should be with full face, front view, eyes open and without spectacles
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- Background should be plain light colored or with white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Photo without borders.
For more details contact Help Desk:
Phone: +91 11 24300666
Payment Help Desk:
SBI ePay +91 1800221401
(10.30 AM to 6.30 PM IST)
(9.30 AM to 7 PM IST)
Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!